Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Justas
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power BI service: cannot restrict access to report from shared dashboard

I want to share dashboard (Live Pinned one PBI sheet) from my report with multiple sheets. but on the other hand I want to restrict a user to access my PBI report sheets. For a moment, there are two ways to acces to report from dashbord, pictures at the end of post.

How to limit the access?

Make a separate PBI file with one sheet, wich is pinned to dashboard is not a solution.

Also I have tried suggestion: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dashboard-access-is-fine-but-restrict-Report-access/m-p/584... , unfortunately it did not worked.

Thank you for your help

Pic3.pngPic4.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Justas 

You are right, I just tested it and found it's only feasible in tile not live page. 

Below is the workspace access i was referring:

6.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Justas 

If my above post helps, could you please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. thanks!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Justas 

I just tested the solution in the similar post. and it works well.

You should remove the user from workspace access, and then share the dashboard with below setting:

2.PNG

Then share the specific report also to the user, but edit the access after sharing: then the report could not be accessed when click the tile in dashboard:

4.PNG

But note that user can still acess the dataset, If you'd like to limit the view-related permission, you can modify the setting:

5.PNG

quickly.

Hi, 

May be I missed this part "You should remove the user from workspace access". Could you please show print screen where it should be done?

Hi @Justas 

You are right, I just tested it and found it's only feasible in tile not live page. 

Below is the workspace access i was referring:

6.PNG

quickly.

Hi @Justas 

If my above post helps, could you please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. thanks!

quickly.

If I am removing access in Share report , the end user can not see the dashboard:

image.png

image.png

The dashboard ir shared:

image.png

I think it works only with separate tiles, but not with Pin Live page:

image.png

Test: Pin a live page vs Pin Tile:

image.png

On tiles also got errors:

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors