Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI service SAP BW

Hi Gurus!

My question is about Power BI Service. I have published report where data source it is SAP BW and I used "Direct query", and when I was launching the report I have misatake "There is no gateway to access the data source" and another case when I used "import" I had no mistake. Than I tryed to set data source in my gateway that is I have gateway and I have  mistake "We encountered an error while trying to connect to . Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster". Thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

Please click on the dataset settings and click on "Gateway Connection" >> Actions >> Down Arrow >> Add to gateway

>> ADD Data Source.

Once it sdone,please check the same with Refresh Now/Scheduled Refresh.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I am trying to add data source  I have mistake  "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster"

hi @Anonymous 

For your report is directquery from SAP BW, you need to set up gateway for it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem

And for this error, could you try to add other datasource in this gateway?

if you try to update the geteway to latest version and then try it again.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gateway and it works (but there is excel is  another data source). I read that NetWeaver RFC SDK must be in gateway machine. Maybe it is reason of mistake?

hi @Anonymous 

The gateway needs to be able to connect to SAP.

You could refer to this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-enterprise-manage-sap

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors