Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ovs

Power BI sensitivity labels disable some Excel features in the exported file

Hello to everybody,

The Excel file exported from Power BI  and protected with data sensitivity label has some of the features disabled (e.g. Sparklines) and ‘Export’ permission not allowed.  Could you please advise if and how this behaviour can be changed so that Sparklines and other Excel features are not disabled in Excel files exported from Power BI reports protected with sensitivity label?

For example, the default ‘Confidential’ label applied to Power BI report will cause the exported Excel file have the ‘Sparklines’ feature disabled and ‘Export’ permission not allowed .

ovs_0-1597932048640.png

If the same ‘Confidential’ label is applied to the document within Excel, the ‘Sparklines’ feature is available and ‘Export’ permission is not blocked.

ovs_1-1597932048644.png

Thanks in advance.

Oleg

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I know you will need to chat to your admin who set up the sensitivity labels and ask them to make the required changes.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors