Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hajarac
Regular Visitor

Power BI rest Api

Hi! I'm Developing an app (user owns data concept), but Idk if it needs any license while developing/testing and deploying.

My app uses some pbi rest APIs like getting reports dashboards etc.. and it uses the embedurl to embed reports in my app.

- Now I'm using a pro license trial, and I'm looking for the license I should purchase? pro, premium per user, or premium per capacity or something else ?

- Concerning the users of my app, do they need a license too ? if yes which one ?

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @hajarac 

I would suggest looking at starting with the Power BI Pro license which should be enough for what you are doing. The other licenses are for larger datasets or other features.

If you are embedding the app into another application, then you would need to get a Power BI EM, or A SKU where you pay for the capacity and the users can log in and then use the data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @hajarac 

I would suggest looking at starting with the Power BI Pro license which should be enough for what you are doing. The other licenses are for larger datasets or other features.

If you are embedding the app into another application, then you would need to get a Power BI EM, or A SKU where you pay for the capacity and the users can log in and then use the data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors