I have created report in power bi report builder using Oracle datasource and published to power bi service. The workspace where i published the report has premium capacity; datasource and gateway connections are correctly mentioned however it is giving the error : DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_ProviderDataAccessArgumentError in Power BI service
An unexpected error occurred A data source used by this report returned an error. If you continue to experience this error contact the report author or data source owner quoting: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_ProviderDataAccessArgumentError Activity ID: f0eca880-cf1a-a9c7-ccbc-db49a9d537e3 Request ID: f0eca880-cf1a-a9c7-ccbc-db49a9d537e3 Correlation ID: bb432535884c4da4a0b60deae1b4d392 Status code: 200 Time: Fri Apr 03 2020 17:13:23 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) Cluster URI: https://northcentralus.pbidedicated.windows.net/webapi/capacities/8402C0C6-A9A2-4F0F-BA30-A738954251...
Were you able to resolve this. I am experiencing a simiar issue. If I create a report and dataset in Desktop I experience no issues when refreshing the data set or scheduling a refresh, if I I create a report in Power BI Report Builder I receive the Gateway error A data source used by this report returned an error. If you continue to experience this error contact the report author or data source owner quoting: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_ProviderDataAccessArgumentError. The Gateway appears to be configured correctly.
Yeah, I solved the issue. I would suggest to create the new report and test it before publishing it to power bi service. I assume; you are using Oracle to connect database.
Here are steps
1. Open Power BI Report Builder. Create the Datasource and test the connection. Pls use //ipaddressofdatabaseservice:port/sid as ServerName while building the datasource.
2. Write a sql query in sqlplus* or toad/sql developer etc.. and test it.
3.Once datasource created successfully in Power BI Report Builder, create the dataset. Now you have just paste the sql query created in step 2. Lets say, we created below query
Select EmpName, EmpID, EmpJoiningDate where EmpJoiningDate = :EmpJoiningDate; (Do not ignore : (colon) here, it is argument for Oracle sql query)
PLEASE DO NOT create parameter seperately in power bi report builder.
Once you paste the query in query designer window, just Press Ok and your job is done. Report Bulder will create parameter automatically for you.
4. Run the report locally on your pc through report builder and make sure it is working fine there.
5. Go to app.powerbi.com. Ensure workspace where you gone publish report is having Premium or Embedded capacity. Also , check the setting of Admin Portal --> Capacity Setting --> Workload --> Paginated Report preview. The Paginated Report preview should be enabled.
6. If all these setting looks good then please publish rdl file to power bi service. Report should work fine there also.