Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sub
Regular Visitor

Power BI permissions per Cockpit

Is it possible to adjust the permission per cockpit? Let's say I have 5 cockpits within a dashboard/workspace. If I add a user to a group that grants access to this dashoard/worksapce, he can see all of the cockpits, but I want him to only access 2 or 3 cockpits and the rest cannot be accessed. Is this possible in the webinterface, or do I need to dive into the database itself to adjust this?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there, currently you cannot control who has access to the dashboards in an App Workspace. Especially if the user is a member of the workspace, they will see all the dashboards and data.

The suggestions would be to create an App and add the user to each individual app. A coming feature is where a user will be able to pin different dashboard items to his own personal dashboard.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there when you say cockpit, is this a dataset or what does the cockpit mean?

Power BI Blog

Hello @GilbertQ,

See the attached picture. I see that they are called Dashboards... But the question remains. How can I change the permission on those things. I can't seem to find that option anywhere.

001.jpg

Hi there, currently you cannot control who has access to the dashboards in an App Workspace. Especially if the user is a member of the workspace, they will see all the dashboards and data.

The suggestions would be to create an App and add the user to each individual app. A coming feature is where a user will be able to pin different dashboard items to his own personal dashboard.

Power BI Blog

Hello guavaq,

Alright, Then I'll need to figure out how to create those apps. Thanks for your time and answer!

No worries glad to assist

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors