Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

murali_r
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI passing param issue from UI

I want to pass parameter/input from UI to power BI service to generate generic report . Please give me possible way in power BI to do this.

5 REPLIES 5
ppatel91
Helper I
Helper I

Is this question solved? I am trying to do the same and no idea how would it work with published reports.

murali_r
Helper I
Helper I

I want to pass parameter/input from UI to power BI service to generate generic report . Please give me possible way in power BI to do this.

pawar_bai
Frequent Visitor

We tried this way already with report but we need to pass param in after publishing to web service.

We need to pass the param in the published service URL  and dynamicaly generate report based on the parameter we pass.

Please help us on this.

HI @murali_r,

Url filter not available on 'publish to web' reports, you can refer to below link to know more about this limitation.

Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL

Limitations and troubleshooting

There are a couple of things to be aware of when using the query string parameters.

• Query string filtering does not work with Publish to web URLs.

• Field type has to be string.

• Table and field names cannot have any spaces.

For your situation, I'd like to suggest you use power bi embed, it support url filter.

Power BI Embedded Documentation

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors