Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI online with a MySQL on Linux Server

Hi Everyone!

I have a MySQL data source that It's on a Linux Server and I would like to publish my Dashboard on the Power BI online service and create a daily refresh.

I know that it is not possible to install a gateway in Linux, could you give me possible alternatives?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

You should install the on-premise gateway on a Windows System and intall the Power BI Desktop.

You could Get Data from the MySQL database in the Windows system. Then you could create the report and publish it to Power BI Service and configure the data refresh.

Please note the Linux Server and the Windows Server should be in the same local area network.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft!

It is one of the possible solutions that I had contemplated, the other is to create a view or a linked database.

Thanks for the answer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors