Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sirgseymour
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI is crashing in IE

Hello,

I am setting up a test case to use Power BI as an interactive reporting tool for our company. I have created a Workspace with a set of reports in Power BI Desktop using a simple Excel table as the data source. I have set up a personal gateway and have created further workspaces that I have shared with other users. When using Power BI in IE it will run for a while but then will crash typically every 2 to 5 minutes. Has anyone had the same experience and can anyone point me to a solution as I cannot recommend this application if I cannot share it properly.

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
Giavo
Helper III
Helper III

Hi, did you solve this issue?  i'm having exactly the same problem here. After few minutes the Power BI report crashes on IE 11. Can you help me?

Hi there. I have found that if you use Google Chrome you do not run into this issue

Giavo
Helper III
Helper III

Hi, did you solve this issue?  i'm having exactly the same problem here. After few minutes the Power BI report crashes on IE 11. Can you help me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What version of IE?

Hi The version is Version: 11.0.9600.18816

Anonymous
Not applicable

Browser won't be the issue fortunately.  How much RAM does the machine have?

Hi, thanks for getting back to me! The machine has 16gb of RAM. It usually runs at between 8 and 12 depending what I have open. It usually does creep up more than that. Are you thinking there may be a memory leak or something?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking it was a memory problem, but at 16gb of ram i'm not thinking that is the case.  I've seen some instablility issues with some of our low powered Surface Pros and with things like IE10 and older.  This isn't the case with your PC it seems.

If it was my PC, my next steps would be to clear browser caches and maybe check if you have any browser add-ons running that could be switched off?

Hi, I ran IE using the iexplore.exe -extoff command from the Run command line and still had the problem... Could this be a widget issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Potentially. Its hard to say what is causing the issue.  It does seem like you are having quite an abnormal experience.

Hi, yeah I still can't figure it out

@sirgseymour,

Does this issue occus on Microsoft Edge? 

Regards,

Charlie Liao

No this issue is occurring in Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0.9600

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors