cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michiel Member

Power BI in Office 365 app launcher

Users in my organization are reporting problems with accessing their Power BI report. It appears that the Power BI tile in the Office 365 app launcher is changed from Power BI for Office 365 to the new Power BI. Users expecting to find their report are looking at an empty Power BI environment now. While I understand that the future is with the new Power BI, it's not the best adoption tactic to change links without asking.

I know there's a link back to Office 365 under the settings button, but that is not where the average user will look. Why not have an old Power BI tile and a new one?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Power BI in Office 365 app launcher

You can't even search the store for the O365 Power BI app any longer from the "My Apps" interface. However, you should still be able to add a custom tile:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-custom-tiles-to-the-My-apps-page-and-app-launcher-11361...

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Super User
Super User

Yep, seems to work

I used the image from here:

http://cdn.ttgtmedia.com/rms/LeMagIT/images/Power%20BI%20Logo.png

After creating the tile, I went to "My Apps" and then to the ellipses on the tile and "pinned to dashboard".

pin1.png

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Michiel Member

That is something, but it only works when you're a O365 administrator, which most people aren't. But I guess an administrator would be able to distribute a custom tile, so this may be a workaround.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 149 members 1,728 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: