Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alpydan

Power BI implementation

Hi there,

I am completely new to PowerBI and am eager to learn how to use it.

I thought I would ask for the advice of the community to possibly either help me or direct me in the correct path towards some learning material based on my needs:

Each week, various employees form different entities fill out a standard "cash report" excel document, I then collect these reports and manually compile the data into an "overall cash report", essentially its a plug and play situation.

My ideal goal is to get this more automated in such a manner that the only thing I need to do is monitor whats going on. So essentially what I was thinking was the individuals responsible for submitting the excel documents on dropbox instead do this through sharepoint, so that they simply select their division, fill out the standard excel sheet and the data is all collected and automatically compiled into an overall excel file, powerBI is then connected to this overall excel file and generates various visualisations based on the data.

Is this possible and if so how do I go about getting this in action?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alpydan,

I think below blog will suitable for your scenario:

Combining Excel Files hosted on a SharePoint folder with Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alpydan,

I think below blog will suitable for your scenario:

Combining Excel Files hosted on a SharePoint folder with Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors