Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI filter pane not working in Power BI service

When applying a filter via the filter pane (page or report level filter) it doesn't apply correctly (only in the Power BI Service, desktop is fine)

When appling a filter via a slicer visual it is applying correctly.

The datasets/reports I'm testing with haven't changed in a long time, and this used to work.

Is anyone else facing this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
elaynemorrison

Experiencing this same issue with Page Level Filter in Power BI service. Using Version: 2.108.603.0 64-bit (August 2022)

emillio
Frequent Visitor

I've had the same issue over and over again, and the only thing that has helped was getting the filter column down to under the million rows. Unfortunately it is not a structural solution if the dataset keeps on growing.

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test in the latest version 2.79.5768.1082 of Power BI Desktop, the "Filters on this page" works well after publishing to Power BI Service. You may try to upgrade the Power BI Desktop.

In addition, the Report-level filter (Filters on all pages) applies to all pages in the report, which has a stranger filter effect than the Page-level filter (Filters on this page). So please check if there is a Report-level filter to override the effect of Page-level filter.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amy

This issue is only in the Power BI Service.

It occurs under the following conditions.

1. Log into Power BI servie (app.powerbi.com)
  2. Navigate directly to a dataset (don't click anything else)
  3. Create a visual on the report page
  4. Add a "Filter on this Page"
  5. The filter will not apply.
  6. If you were to navigate to another dataset, create a new page, etc. the issue doesn't occur any more.

GIve it a go and let me know if you replicate it.

Thanks.

Nathan

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed it only occurs when you first go into Power BI --> Log in --> Go to a dataset and build a report.

The first time you do so, the page and report level filters don't apply. If you save this report, Power BI doesn't acknowledge the filters were ever applied.

If you back out, go to a different report/dataset and then try again on the original dataset, it then works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Further update to my last reponse - it only seems to be an issue with "Filters on this page".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors