Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

campelliann
Post Patron
Post Patron

Power BI embedded - Data set limit size and other questions

Hi there,

I am a PRO user, and from my understanding i can store up to 10 GB in dataset size (correct me if I am wrong). If I need more, I will have to upgrade my account to Premium per user...

Now how does this match with Power Bi Embedded node 1 https://azure.microsoft.com/pt-pt/pricing/details/power-bi-embedded/
Can I only refresh 3GB at a time? 

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Those are different size of measures. 

Pro will you store up to 10gb of many files in a workspace with a limit of 1gb of data model for each dataset. If you have a data model higher than 1gb you need to go with AAS, Embed or Premium.

PowerBi Embedded is capacity. You pay for an "X" amount of ram that can be used for anything. The 3gb is the size of the memory running at the same time. You can probably store a lot more than 3 gb, but it will crash if you have 6gb model running right there. The main characteristic for embed is "embeding" in a web app. However it's an approach for publishing a model bigger than 1gb too.

I hope that make sense

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Those are different size of measures. 

Pro will you store up to 10gb of many files in a workspace with a limit of 1gb of data model for each dataset. If you have a data model higher than 1gb you need to go with AAS, Embed or Premium.

PowerBi Embedded is capacity. You pay for an "X" amount of ram that can be used for anything. The 3gb is the size of the memory running at the same time. You can probably store a lot more than 3 gb, but it will crash if you have 6gb model running right there. The main characteristic for embed is "embeding" in a web app. However it's an approach for publishing a model bigger than 1gb too.

I hope that make sense

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors