Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

faizanahmad
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI email client and file

Hi, I have a few questions regarding PowerBI.

1. Is it possible to combine two workspaces?

2. Does power bi support functions like email client an actual file (csv, excel, pdf), after a scheduled refresh has run? Not just a link to report but actual file?

3. Is it possible to save power bi report as pdf and/or excel?

I know we can save as Powerpoint.

3 REPLIES 3

@faizanahmad

1. Is it possible to combine two workspaces?

You can migrate objects from one workspace to another using Powershell scripts.. Example here -> https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/duplicate-workspaces-using-the-power-bi-rest-apis-a-step-by...

2. Does power bi support functions like email client an actual file (csv, excel, pdf), after a scheduled refresh has run? Not just a link to report but actual file?

Not at this time

3. Is it possible to save power bi report as pdf and/or excel?

Yes, in the Service you can "Print" and select "Save as PDF"

I know we can save as Powerpoint.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer

Not at this time

-- Are there any third party software to help with scheduling or even it theres any provided by Microsoft?

@faizanahmad Users can subscribe to reports which would give them a snapshot of what it looks like via email. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-report-subscribe but they would need to go to the Service to interact with the report itself.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors