Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tosho
Frequent Visitor

Power BI doesn't take changes in SSAS role

Hi everyone

I'm currently working for a retail company, they have Power BI Premium P1. The most of models are developed using Visual Studio 2015 and hosted in SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Edition. The last days the client (the company) detected an issue where an user is changed of role (both with diferent permissions), then changes are not taked by the report in Power BI Service (app.powerbi.com) it continue showing the data for the first role where the user was assigned. I maked some test and in fact the chages in SSAS roles isnt taked by the Power BI Service, but if the tabular model is connected from Excel then all work fine in Excel only.

Additional info

The gateway is updated

The dataset refreshing settings are programated every 15 min (for cache)

I deleted the browser cache

SSAD database is tabular and the compatibility level is 1200

but nothing work. This is happening for some (dont all) models in the same SSAS instance.

Do you thing some reason by that?

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What I would suggest doing is when the user is coming from the Power BI Service to ensure that the user mapping is in place.

And to then see if via SQL Query profiler.

One last thing to note is that for SSAS Tabular RLS the security being applied is the least restrictive.
What that means is that if a user belongs to multiple roles the user will see all data for both of the roles.
This might be what is happening?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors