cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamilzet__
Frequent Visitor

Power BI dataset not accessible after domain password change

Hi

Recently I changed my domain password, and since then I cannot connect to Power Bi Service datasets. I'm prompted with the error message stating that the credentials could not be refreshed. All other data source types, like AAS, Azure SQL Database, remain valid and accessible under the changed password.

Do you know what might be the reason here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
StefanoGrimaldi
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

check your gateways, pbix credentials, basically that error telling some sources use the pasword you changed, and since the service and pbix doesnt update that credential automatically you need to inserte them again. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StefanoGrimaldi
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

check your gateways, pbix credentials, basically that error telling some sources use the pasword you changed, and since the service and pbix doesnt update that credential automatically you need to inserte them again. 

View solution in original post

It was data source for AAS, that is used by the Power BI Service Dataset, that required signing into again. However, I'm a bit suprised that even when using O365 sso, I still have to re-sign in on all of the data sources after updating the password.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

April Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the April 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors