Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lwagnerlce

Power BI dataset failed to refresh

Hello,

Over the past two weeks I've had to go in and check datasets and enter my login credentials about four times now on all of our datasets that are set up for scheduled refresh. The latest notifications I'm receiving when the refresh fails are the following errors:

1. The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal sesrvice error.

2. An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset. We couldn't parse OData response result. Error: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

I'd like to not have to go through all these datasets multiple times a week and make sure authentication is working. Any issues with the service lately?

Kind regards,

Lisa

2 REPLIES 2
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@lwagnerlce are you using OData Feed connector for your data source ? I have report setup using OData Feed to data source that gets refershed every 15 minutes and I've setup power bi schedule refresh to happen 8 times a day. Its been almost 3 months since setup of the report and apart from couple of times i've received message saying schedule refresh failed due to internal error, there hasn't been any issue. Only difference is with my schedule refresh I don't have to enter username pwd since datasource is publicly available. 

@ankitpatira we are using Oauth authentication and have our data set refresh going between 12 am and 6 am. We're using the free version of Power BI at the moment. For testing purposes I changed a few data sets to refresh at different times to see what happens. At this time I certainly am not motivated to pay for this with all the problems we've had with the refresh failing, so far it's been every day this week.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors