Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PBI_Energetics
Frequent Visitor

Power BI dataflows parity of web.page vs web.browsercontents

Hi Team,

It appears that this is only a recent change in Power Query (desktop) and Power Query Online (dataflows).

Do these functions in dataflows have parity with Desktop with respect to anonymous access for web html sources?

I saw one post suggesting that on-prem data gateway is still required, but the referenced documentation did not explicity state if an on-prem gateway is required for either web.page or web.browsercontents source calls.

Can someone please clear this up or provide a link to best practice use of the updated function.

Thanks heaps

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. As far as I have tried, I can say that Web.Pages will ask for On Premise data gateway and Web.Contents won't. I think Web.BrowserContent is a function that comes from Web.Contents so it might no ask for it.

Hope this helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors