Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KelliKnitsAlot
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI dataflow from SharePoint failing

I have a Power BI dataflow that connects to a SharePoint list. It loads in Power Query online with no issues. It was refreshing with no issues on the service until 5/13/2022. Now even though I have data in Power Query online, I get the error when the dataflow refreshes: 

Error: DataSource.NotFound: SharePoint: Request failed (404): The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.) Request ID: 53ca782d-9ece-9f06-8200-ae482a2a81c5 Activity ID: 181cb413-fd1b-446f-a9d5-dd4569c30929

I have verified with our SharePoint admin that I am navigating to the correct GUID in Power Query online, but refreshes fail. 

Any assistance would be appreciated. TIA.

7 REPLIES 7
Codecheck
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue with a data flow since the 17/05/22. Checking the list ID matches the query and sharepoint, as described it runs fine in query designer and checking the credentials all seem correct. 

There's about 6500 items on the list, however its been over 5000 for several months so i doubt its a list view threshould issue as those shouldnt apply to powerBI. 

I feel like there was some change in SharePoint recently that is causing the issue, but I am not a SharePoint expert. In the Power Query, I expanded a SharePoint column to get the email of each record. This column exists in the Power Query editor, but not when the report or data flow refresh. I had to change the source of my report to get the refresh to work. 

I was expanding editor & author to get the emails. removing those from the query allows the dataflow to refresh. of course i now have to repair 2 datasets that used those fields. 

as sharepoint calls author and editor Createdby and modified by im guessing that now has something to do with it. 

I have been having the same issue with expanding columns causing refreshes failures in the dataflow. Not limited to editor and author, but rather any record field. Unfortunately the data in these records is of importance, so they can not be removed/ignored. After a lot of troubleshooting I have found the below work around to be succesfull in this scenario.

Instead of expanding the column to obtain the fields required rather create a new custom column linking to the column with data required using the below formula:

Record.Field([InsertColumName], "InsertFieldName")

In your scenario the field would be somthing along the lines of "EMail"

Seems like we both have the same issue with dataflows and SharePoint as a result of expanding columns to get an email and are finding other ways around it. ☹️ Glad to know it is not just me!

Looks that way, i havn't checked to see if i can still get at the emails in a dataset rather than an a dataflow but i imagine i will be able to . 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors