Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

globalmc
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI dataflow and shared dataset

I have two power bi workspaces , workspaceA and workspaceB . 
workspaceA shared a dataset from its workspace , and workspaceB add that shared dataset as one of the datasource of the dataflow created in workspaceB . Is it possible ?

and workspaceA and workspaceB are in different power BI region . 

shared dataset always consume capcatity power from the original workspaceA ?

actually shared dataset is a GA feature or Preview Feature ? is it only support Live connection only ?

Large Dataset also can be shared ?

2 REPLIES 2
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @globalmc 

Your questions are not quite understood, are you talking about Dataflow or Dataset? are you talking about sharing the same Dataset within the same organization? Large dataset! how large....

To make it simple : within the same organization a same dataset cannot be shared from the service between workspaces, you will need to republish it to workspaces from the desktop. 

From the Power bi desktop the Dev(role and permission) can acces the dataflow as well as the dataset to build his own reports(if that's how you want to call it sharing) and then he can republish it to another workspace .  

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

any other has the idea ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors