Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dbadmin
Helper IV
Helper IV

Power BI custom visuals won't display properly in Power BI service

Hello!

I am trying to use SQLBI's synoptic panel for a custom visual. Works fine in desktop - however when I try to publish it in the Power BI service (I have a pro account) - i either have to keep re-enabling custom visuals in the report view and it doesn't display at all in the Dashboard view. 

Is there a workaround for this - or are custom visuals only able to be used in the Desktop - if that is the case, that kind of defeats the purpose of utilizing the service. Any ideas on how to fix or someone who can explain why it's doing that will be greatly appreciated.

Is there a point where custom visuals will be supported in the Power BI service properly? This what I keep getting. reportview.PNGdashboardview.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dbadmin The joys of custom visuals right now, constant clicking of "enable custom visual" - it's been mentioned that they are working on this to be a click-once experiance.

There is no work around for getting the visuals to show on the dashboard at the moment (that I am aware of)

You can still see the visual in the report, you just can't use it as a tile in the dashboard. I've worked around this by pinning a different visual on the same page as a tile on a dashboard and getting the redirect so the user can see the custom viz.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@dbadmin The joys of custom visuals right now, constant clicking of "enable custom visual" - it's been mentioned that they are working on this to be a click-once experiance.

There is no work around for getting the visuals to show on the dashboard at the moment (that I am aware of)

You can still see the visual in the report, you just can't use it as a tile in the dashboard. I've worked around this by pinning a different visual on the same page as a tile on a dashboard and getting the redirect so the user can see the custom viz.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer 

Thanks for the response! Smiley Happy 

It is kind of frustrating - but understandable - they are making some great advances with this product so hopefully this will be able to be fixed soon. 

Thanks so much! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors