Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

janine_hummel

Power BI custom visuals won't display properly in Power BI Web

Hey guys, 

right now, app.powerbi.com seems unable to load data into the Web App of Power BI Service for the costum visuals. The costum visuals are enabled as usual, but the dashboard and report image stays empty. 

Does someone experience the same issue? 

Best.

11 REPLIES 11
youyhya
Regular Visitor

Same issue here, what happened to regression testing?

I'm forced to recreate the KPI with a different visual until this is fixed.

A ticket was opened with MS for this:

Case number:116021913730439
Case created:2/19/2016 12:44:00 PM
Case title:Custom visuals not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to let you all know, a new version of the KPI Indicator is available in the gallery. The issue was that MS made a change in one of the API:s available for custom visuals. If a custom visual utilized the DataRoleHelper class it needed a minor fix to make it continue to work - thats why just some of the custom visuals broke.

As part of the update a few new features (has to do with formatting) has been added. Take a look the following blog post for a deeper description of how to use all features:

http://www.fredrikhedenstrom.com/2016/02/20/kpi-indicator-custom-visual-for-power-bi-explained/

Hey Fredrik, 

We're still experiencing problems with the KPI Indicator. The version which is now avaiable in the gallery seems to have some issues. Being installed, it won't show the new features like the thousand separator - in fact, a lot of the costumization features are missing.

I tested this with a week old Power BI Desktop Version and updated the software today. Unfortunately, the visual showed the same error in both versions. 

jinkaid
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am having the same issue with KPI status with history custom visual.  

I have raised this issue through a support ticket. Case number is 116021913730858

I also notified the author of the visual (Fredrik Hedenström) via Twitter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm aware of the issue. MS made a slight change to the api that made the visual stop working. I will submit a fix this weekend so hopefully you will have am update during next week.

Cheers, 

thanks! Do you know if the visual will update automatically? I assume we will have to redownload a newer version and switch the visuals to it, right?

@Anonymous, Thnx for fixing the visual!
It is unfortunate that MS does not entirely support the custom visuals. With a test this could already be found and adjusted before going live with the new API.

I'm experiencing this for some of my custom visuals, but not all. I'm about to dig into it and see what's going on...

Hi, 

we experience the same issue for the KPI status with history custom visual. 

https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/KPIStatusWithHistory1446562283967

This issue is limited to app.powerbi.com - the visual displays fine in the desktop client.

This issue still exist for us, we utilize the KPI with History Custom visual for our Company Scorecards. We really need MS to get this back working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors