Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI administrator individual department control in singular O365 tenant

Hi all,

Working with a large client that has disparate departments that have autonomy over their environments and distributed administrative rights but are bound to a single organisation Office 365 tenant.

These departments want to be able to set their own policies on the tenant settings (e.g. some what to enable to publish to web whereas another department doesn't, others want to enable share with externals and others don't etc).

I've looked but don't think this is possible but I'd like to find out if someone has found a way to achieve this or, at least, guage interest in placing this as an idea for Microsoft to look at incorporating in future development.

Has anyone seen this as an issue? Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Andrew

1 REPLY 1
PeterNesbitt
Frequent Visitor

How are you handling this in other aspects of O365?

I would suggest that you set up security groups for each department. You can then add groups to each Power BI Tennant setting individually. Enabling each only to the specified groups.

However, this will still require some overarching control to action any setting changes requested by a department.

I do not currently see any other way to do this outside of a new O365 Tennancy.

Hope this helps 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors