Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jeremy22

Power BI admin portal - specific security group won't save

When attempting to add 'Specific security groups' to any Tenant setting, we have one security group that will not permanently save. As we are typing the name, it appears as an option in the list, we are able to select it, and when we click Apply, it appears to save just fine. No error messages. If we leave the Tenant settings tab and come back, or refresh the page, then the group is no longer associated to the setting as a specific security group.

Has anyone else seen something similar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think your best solution when it is this particular instance is Microsoft could assist.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Could you confirm that it is an Azure Active Directory security group?

Power BI Blog

Hi,

It is an email enabled security group synced from on-prem AD (source=Windows server AD). We have other groups configured the same way that work just fine. We opened a ticket with Microsoft, so hopefully that will yield results. If anyone has a suggestion, though, I would love to hear it.

I think your best solution when it is this particular instance is Microsoft could assist.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors