Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI XMLA Refresh wont Process Tables on New Reports

I am having issues processing XMLA refreshes in SSMS or Powershell in newly created reports on my premium capacity.

I am able to process tables from older reports. In SSMS when I go to process one of the tables the table does not appear in the "processing" window that appears (0 total, 0 successful) etc.  When I try and process an invidivual Partition I receive a system.xml error.  I am  still able to XMLA Discovory querys ( TMSCHEMA_TABLES ) without any issues. I also have created a brand new report to test, resulting in the same issue. 

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Can you confirm that you have got the XMLA Read/Write enabled?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I can successfully process refreshes on other (older) datasets in my capacity.

Hi @Anonymous 

It would appear that I am not sure what has caused this to not refresh.

I would log a support ticket https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you please make sure you are using the latest version of SSMS

Download SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) - SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) | Microsoft Docs

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey GilbertQ!
Thanks for the reply!  I am on the current SSMS version. Additionally i am using Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection in Powershell to pass the Refresh Query.

Both result in the respone xml-analysis:empty 

I am able to naviate the Model with no issues in SSMS and process other reports on my capacity (created when enhanced meta data was still a preview feature)

@Anonymous Are you using gen1 or gen2 capacity? Embedded or P sku?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a Gen2 on a P3.

I've tried everything in the xmla docs.  I have success In both  powershell and SSMS with my older datasets In the same capacity. Just newly created datasets. Isolated to refresh query. Discover xmla query works great.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors