Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LeighU

Power BI Website Performance

Good morning all. Any latest news/reason why I (and several UK contacts I am working with) would be having some pretty serious speed/reponse issues with the Power BI website? Page loading and navigation is very poor despite the site confirming 'no current issues'. Many thanks, and apologies for the rather generic issue post.

7 REPLIES 7
dzweig

I have been having the same problem for the last week.  Replicated on four different browsers and two operating systems.  Any action, no matter how small, takes a tremendous amount of time to complete and causes the entire browser to freeze up. The app is close to unusable at the moment.

I've been running into severe performance issues on app.powerbi.com as well. I was finally able to trace it to a localytics request running in an unrestricted open loop - in the worst cases, fighting with adblockers used all available processors on the machine!

MPeinado
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have low preformance loading and refreshing power bi pages...

Editing and saving a report in PowerBI takes a lot of time now. Does anyone facing same issue. Is there any solution to this?

@BharathOddiraju - I don't believe that the Service was ever really intended for heavy duty report editing, better to use the Desktop and upload it.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
ericleslima
Advocate I
Advocate I

It's work now? An inernal error on the servers is one of the possibilities. A temporary problem most likely,

Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@LeighU

I had the same issues yesterday. To me it seems that the PBI Web-Service has slowed down a bit (usually these experiences are rather esoteric). Although the outlook-online was slow and gave error messages. It could have been a general issue of the MS servers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors