Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shruthi96
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI: Web url to open in same window

Hi folks, 

I am working on the PBI project which has the hyperlink in the table (hyperlink will navigate to hidden page of the same report), when I publish the report in app.powerbi.com and click the hyperlink it will open in the new window. Is there an option to pass parameter to open in same window.

Shruthi96_0-1658917406502.png

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Well, Web URL navigation will open in a new tab. The only navigation that won't open in a new tab is "page navigation" to move from page to page in PowerBi Desktop. You can check it adding a button and search under action formatting the option.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Well, Web URL navigation will open in a new tab. The only navigation that won't open in a new tab is "page navigation" to move from page to page in PowerBi Desktop. You can check it adding a button and search under action formatting the option.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors