Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wainnoce
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Web App User Access Permissions

My company is beginning to use our Power BI premium workspace. As of now I am the serving admin dealing with user acess and report creation. To help with user acceptance I decided to publish the premium workspace as an app using the top right button. I created a file structure that would be easy to navigate and would help seperate out reports for users to be able to use and understand easily. The problem I see coming relatively soon is that we wouldn't want Employee A who works in accounting to see everything we are doing within sales. Not only because some data may be sensitive from employee to employee but we also do not want the left panel of the app interface eventually getting bogged down with so many reports that when a user logs on they see it as a hassle to get to their report. Is there a way to limit what a user can see and access within the premium workspace to limit what would pop up for them within the Power BI app on the web? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Currently this is not possible.

What you would need to do, is to create a seperate App based on the reporting/permission requirements.

The good news is that you can use the Shared datasets and a combination of Filters (Less secure) or RLS (Very secure) in each App Workspace for the requirements.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Currently this is not possible.

What you would need to do, is to create a seperate App based on the reporting/permission requirements.

The good news is that you can use the Shared datasets and a combination of Filters (Less secure) or RLS (Very secure) in each App Workspace for the requirements.

Power BI Blog

Thank you for the information!

Awesome, thanks for letting us know.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors