Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MURTAZA
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power BI Visuals and Background not displaying properly in Firefox

Hi All,

I am having issues with power bi visuals displaying properly in Firefox. It is working perfectly in Microsoft Edge. Some visuals are misaligned and a portion of the background turns grey. I have attached screenshots for reference. I have hidden the confidential data using red boxes.

Firefox issue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MURTAZA ,

As the official document said, Power BI is designed to work with any of the supported browsers mentioned below. However, performance differs depending on your choice of a browser. If you're using Internet Explorer in particular, you may encounter worse performance. We strongly recommend switching from Internet Explorer to a modern browser, including Microsoft Edge. 

Power BI supports these browsers on all platforms where they're available:

• Microsoft Edge Chromium.
  • Internet Explorer 11. However, some advanced features, such as lineage view, aren't supported in Internet Explorer. See Data lineage (preview) for details.
  • Microsoft 365 apps and services, including Power BI, will no longer support Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) starting in August 2021. Refer to this Microsoft 365 blog post for more information.
  • Chrome desktop latest version.
  • Safari Mac latest version.
  • Firefox desktop latest version. Firefox may change the fonts used in Power BI.

If you still encounter unacceptable performance, test other supported modern browsers to see if they provide better results for your Power BI solution.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MURTAZA ,

As the official document said, Power BI is designed to work with any of the supported browsers mentioned below. However, performance differs depending on your choice of a browser. If you're using Internet Explorer in particular, you may encounter worse performance. We strongly recommend switching from Internet Explorer to a modern browser, including Microsoft Edge. 

Power BI supports these browsers on all platforms where they're available:

• Microsoft Edge Chromium.
  • Internet Explorer 11. However, some advanced features, such as lineage view, aren't supported in Internet Explorer. See Data lineage (preview) for details.
  • Microsoft 365 apps and services, including Power BI, will no longer support Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) starting in August 2021. Refer to this Microsoft 365 blog post for more information.
  • Chrome desktop latest version.
  • Safari Mac latest version.
  • Firefox desktop latest version. Firefox may change the fonts used in Power BI.

If you still encounter unacceptable performance, test other supported modern browsers to see if they provide better results for your Power BI solution.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-eqin-msft 

Thank you for your detailed response. Yes, I did go through this documentation but was hoping for a fix/solution in firefox.

MURTAZA
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @GilbertQ ,

Yes. It says up to date. 90.0.2 (64-bit)

What happens if you view it in an Incognito window does that work?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ 
I tried but it's the same. All the consumers are also experiencing similar problem. When I or the others open in Edge or Chrome, its works fine.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @MURTAZA 

Just to confirm that you have got the latest version of Firefox installed?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors