Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Nickie_F

Power BI Trial

Hi all, 

We are currently in the process of evaluating Power BI and its use in our company.  I have registered for the Power BI Pro trial and have produced some test reports and shared these via SharePoint using the Power BI web part. 

When I look at the trial information and countdown of days it shows the following trial description stating it's a premium trial: Power BI.png 

However the text when you click on the link as shown above says:

"Upgrade to Power BI Pro.  Your free trial of Power BI Pro is ending in 38 days. Upgrade now to continue using all the features of Pro". 

Can someone confirm if I have a Power BI Pro or Premium trial as the information contradicts itself.

What I would like to know is whether the functionality I have experienced would be Pro or Premium features.  I need to produce a report with more than one tab/page and share with colleagues on SharePoint.  Would I be able to do this if we all had Pro per user licences or would we need Premium per user licences?  

Many thanks in advance for your assistance. 

Nickie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Nickie_F 

If you are using the Pro trial, you can access the capabilities of the PPU (Premium Per User) during the public preview period of this license. Actually, you are using the trial of Pro license. For more details, you can refer Power BI Premium per user public preview now available. Premium Per User will have all the capabilities of the Pro license and part capabilities of Premium, which you can refer Power BI Premium Per User FAQ(preview).

Best Regards,

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Nickie_F 

If you are using the Pro trial, you can access the capabilities of the PPU (Premium Per User) during the public preview period of this license. Actually, you are using the trial of Pro license. For more details, you can refer Power BI Premium per user public preview now available. Premium Per User will have all the capabilities of the Pro license and part capabilities of Premium, which you can refer Power BI Premium Per User FAQ(preview).

Best Regards,

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Caiyun.  

I've turned off the premium capabilities so we can assess what functionality we get using just the Pro features.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors