Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kuna
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Trial default server capacity

Hi, 

I have signed up for Power BI Pro Trial and have setup an embedded report on our web site. I know that when we go into production, I would need to buy Premium license etc but for the trial phase what is the default capacity used by Power BI? 

Since the embedding works without buying a premium capacity, we are wondering how we can plan for the capacity based on the trial performance. 

Any help provided would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Kuna

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Kuna

For Pro users, you will have 100 GB storage on Power BI Service cluster server. 

3.PNG

For Premium, you will have your own node, and get 100 TB of storage for each capacity you provision. You can custom the storage per license.

For more details, please see Power BI Premium white paper:

https://aka.ms/pbipremiumwhitepaper

Regards,

Thanks. My question was more about nodes/capacity with default trial and premium licenses. 

Based on other posts and discussions with microsoft partners, our understanding is the following:

1) When you sign up for Pro trial and embed the reports, you are using P1 node during your trial phase (but based on load, microsoft could change this to different nodes)

2) When going to production/live, we can purchase A1-A6 capacity through Azure for Power BI Embedded (This will only work for the embedding service)

3) P1+ nodes can be purchased for service + embedding scenarios. 

Thanks

Kuna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors