Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Teams Error- The current Power BI session can no longer be used to communicate

Error Message: the current power bi sess can no longer be used to communicate with the powr BI service because of a service modification. you must close and re-open your browser to start a new session

I am able to view this file on my phone, and in the web browser form of Power BI without an error message. I  just run into this issue when viewing on Teams. This happened about a week ago, prior to that I could view this report perfectly in Teams. Im no expert on PowerBI, particularly as it relates to showing previews in teams.

MicrosoftTeams-image (5).png

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisEmshoff

I found an update that needed to be applied to the on-premises data gateway.  That resolved the issue for teams.  

KoenM
Frequent Visitor

We are facing the exact same issue since this week with one of our embedded reports in Teams. The others are working just fine, it happens with only one of them.

I solved it by removing the tab from Teams and re-adding the report.

Hopefully it stays resolved now

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous - Interesting, I have not seen that. I would try removing and then readding the report in Teams. You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors