Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI - Teams - Content isn't available

Hi! 

I'm approaching you all with a topic that has been covered before. It seems that there are various problems behind this and the earlier posts haven't offered me a solution. 

I've been making some Power BI reports for my team. We use Teams and I've embedded the reports there. Our lisence in premium lisence.

In the beginning of this year I had some issues with some reports (not all) when loading Power BI reports to Teams in which Teams gave me an error of "Content isn't available". I was able to resolve them by deleting and republishing the reports to Power BI. 

Last week I started getting the same error again (Content isn't available). This time the earlier solution does not work and I'm getting the error with all of the new reports I've published. When I try to open the source page from Teams (picture below), the browser I use (Chrome) tries to take me to the Power BI web version, but I get an error "The report doesn't exist or you don't have permission to view it (might not be exactly this, since my UI-language isn't English)" 

I am not an IT-professional and I don't have admin-rights to my work computer so I'm going to need help from our IT-support. Can anyone give me any insight on how to advice them, so that they can locate the problem (I think they are not very familiar with Power BI). 

EDIT: I noticed that the hyperlink Teams tries to access is slighty different that the hyperlink Power BI's web version shows when I open the report. 

EDIT 2: When I embed the same reports in our Sharepoint online group site, I have no problems. 

EDIT 3: If I publish the reports to another group in our organization and then embed them into Teams, everything works without probelms. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Xiaoxin Sheng, 

thank you for taking the time to answer me and for the link. This link did not contain any new information for me. I have shared the Power BI reports to our  SP group to which all members have rights to. Everyone can view the reports in Power BI, but not when embedded in Teams. This morning everything worked fine again without any problems with all the reports that had issues for the last week. I don't know why. 

I'm somewhat frustrated with the "content isn't available" - notification as it provides no information on the cause of the error. 

But everything works for now. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Danniel Rocha, 

thank you for your reply! This issue has resolved itself. It has been some time but I think it was a transient issue (temporary) that resolved itself. We did however have to contant the Microsoft support services on a similar issue in which we were unable to use the Power BI web application. We had to talk with the IT-support quite a few times to assist them with gathering log-information to diagnose the issue, but it too was at the end resolved (big thanks once again to the very professional Microsoft IT staff). If you have similar issues and can not find help in the online sources, I suggest getting in touch with the MC IT-support (you can do that atleast from the adminportal, IIRC). 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Maybe you can take a look at following links to know how to use power content in teams:
HOW TO USE POWER BI IN TEAMS TO IMPROVE COLLABORATION

Please understand that this link is provided with no warranties or guarantees of content changes, and confers no rights.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Xiaoxin Sheng, 

thank you for taking the time to answer me and for the link. This link did not contain any new information for me. I have shared the Power BI reports to our  SP group to which all members have rights to. Everyone can view the reports in Power BI, but not when embedded in Teams. This morning everything worked fine again without any problems with all the reports that had issues for the last week. I don't know why. 

I'm somewhat frustrated with the "content isn't available" - notification as it provides no information on the cause of the error. 

But everything works for now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have any answer about this subject?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors