Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sajal
Regular Visitor

Power BI Sign up issue

Hello Team,

I have Power Bi Desktop application installed on my machine and i can use to in a normal way but i am unable to sign in or signup for this not sure why.

To be specific every time i go to signup page it gives me an error that "You already have a account with us use your password to sign in" now i don't have Power BI account, well after that when i try to sign in using my work email address and my system password it takes me to one of my company portal (web page) where i have been asked for password but my system password won't work there and below password box it's written that "Forgot your office365 password click here to reset".

Now my company has office365 but it's only for higher management people not for developers. Is there any way i can sign in or signup ?

Sajal

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Sajal I would check with your O365 admins. There are settings that they can control to restrict users from signing up, and it sounds like they may have done some other things as well...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

Thank you very much.

I will get in touch with my IT department for this.

Sajal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Sajal I would check with your O365 admins. There are settings that they can control to restrict users from signing up, and it sounds like they may have done some other things as well...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thank you very much.

I will get in touch with my IT department for this.

Sajal

Hi @Sajal,

As @Seth_C_Bauer said, you should connect your IT department. And please mark the right reply as answer or welcome to share your own solution. So more people who have the similar issue will find the workaround clearly. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Kindly, I have the same problem, where i get told that

I already have an account and then asked to enter using my password which does not work when i enter it..

Our work email is on a lotus note account and not microsoft...

any advise how i can overcome this and access the trial version i have downloaded!!

@v-huizhn-msft 

@Seth_C_Bauer

Thank you so much

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors