Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MiraNi
Advocate III
Advocate III

Power BI Service so slow, visuals don't render at all - started this morning

When I open report in workspace or in app, other visuals show but not the ones with data. They just keep refreshing but nothing happening. This is not good - our big customer should start presenting reports to 100 new users in five minutes and explain, why this is a good tool to use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I created a ticket about this yesterday and got the answer this morning, that problem has been solved:

"Our product team has fixed the issue post which the service started working as expected. Also, our product team has taken necessary measures and kept proper checks in place to avoid any similar issues going forward."

Everything seems to be working. I have given feedback to Microsoft, that this kind of unavailability should not happen and when happens, they should be the one noticing it first by proper monitoring and then asap inform users.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
jdusek92
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hello,

once again I am experiencing very slow Power BI loading.

Does anyone feel the same?

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, All

This is a known issue, and it has been submitted to Power bi product team. ICM: 128176204

8.JPG

Engineers are investigating the issue and are working on a mitigation plan.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I created a ticket about this yesterday and got the answer this morning, that problem has been solved:

"Our product team has fixed the issue post which the service started working as expected. Also, our product team has taken necessary measures and kept proper checks in place to avoid any similar issues going forward."

Everything seems to be working. I have given feedback to Microsoft, that this kind of unavailability should not happen and when happens, they should be the one noticing it first by proper monitoring and then asap inform users.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Northern Europe appears to have been affected at least once a month for the last 4 months. Each time I've checked the support page to see that there are (apparently) "no issues" only for degradations to be reported hours later that day. I'm stunned that microsoft can't officially report these issues sooner and/or are somehow oblivious to said issues until the community begins to post them. Surely they have means of monitoring the viability of the Northern European service and reporting issues to us in a more efficient manner.

Reporting the same issues from Dublin, Ireland...

fahadarshad
Helper I
Helper I

same problem here since morning!

jdusek92
Helper IV
Helper IV

Absolutely terrible how users have to ask at community forum if Power BI is down!!! This is not the first time I had to check the forum.. no message on PBI twitter, no notification here https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

it says: No known issues: Power BI is running smoothly

Anonymous
Not applicable

check again your link "Your honor" @jdusek92  !!!! Microsoft didn't even had any alarm in their systems until we reported the issue in the community

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same in Sweden

Errors like that:

Last refresh failed: Wed Jun 19 2019 09:18:01 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time) 
The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error.
Hide details

Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:00119a7b-840c-4400-bbb6-f43dca92ac1f
Request ID:301fdc6b-a40e-46a6-b739-fadf4da8a7a0
Time:2019-06-19 07:18:01Z

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am fairly sure that Microsoft never monitor this forum. 

I have posted issues on numerous occasions, some of those have been replied to by dozens and dozens of people and Microsoft just seem to ignore it.

@jdusek92 wrote:

Absolutely terrible how users have to ask at community forum if Power BI is down!!! This is not the first time I had to check the forum.. no message on PBI twitter, no notification here https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

it says: No known issues: Power BI is running smoothly

jdusek92
Helper IV
Helper IV

Same from the Czech Republic... Don't they monitor the server status at Microsoft?????

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here in Germany. I can only see a blank page in Power BI Service, instead of a report. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

same here. My reports are in North Europe (Ireland) server.

Same, Northern Europe server.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also facing downtime. reports are not loading. 

Is there any way to raise a request to Microsoft for issue with service and they can give ETA for the same ?

CAPSTALKER
Helper I
Helper I

Same here, visuals loading forever.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same issue. Some visuals and the report structure will sometimes load, but I get the data loading signal (circle of dots) forever. 

I have a board meeting today and this is going to look terrible. PowerBI is really losing a lot of reputation in my firm.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am experiencing the same, now management will blame me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors