Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Service not able to connect to snowflake

Hi,

We are having some trouble refreshing the snowflake dataset from Power BI service. It works on my local PBI desktop when I click the refresh button but after I publish the report to the PBI service, it keeps asking me to put my snowflake credentials and sending me the following error message.

Plese note that it did work on my local PBI Desktop where I already installed the snowflake ODBC connector. 

Thanks

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-joesh-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you have a gateway configured? Please make sure the data source credential has admin access.

The following post might be helpful:

Power BI Reports Connected to Snowflake - Refresh Error

Failed to update data source credentials

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

Thanks for sharing the error message and the explanantion.

ODBC connector looks like some permissions issue.

We have "Snowflake" connector, can you please try to connect it directly instead of using "ODBC Connector".

If you have any concerns, please let me know.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

BR

venal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors