Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

njones2
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power BI Service no Longer Displays Full Report title on hover

This is a minor issue but could have major consequences:

It appears that in a recent update that the Power BI Service doesn't display a full report title of a report page upon a hover.  I can confirm that it used to do so.

This is how it used to work:

njones2_0-1660073751190.png

Now there is no automatic tooltip linked to the report.  As some of our report pages have long titles and many filters this is definitely not ideal and I'm wondering if there is a new setting we have to enable.

3 REPLIES 3
njones2
Advocate I
Advocate I

Using Version 104.0.5112.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) of Chrome it didn't work.  same with firefox.  Do you have your pages to the Left of the screen @GilbertQ ?  Or do you have them as tabs on the bottom?  I can see that if they are tabs on the bottom it works in the editor view but otherwise the tooltip for reports is still not working.  Again, I can confirm that this used to work.

Hi @njones2 

Yeah there might be a service change with the new version of PBI Desktop?

If it is still not working the only other option is to log a support ticket!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @njones2 

I just tested this with my reports where I have some long names and the tooltip for the report name is showing up on hover. Maybe see if you need to update your browser?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors