Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ZLJ
Advocate II
Advocate II

Power BI Service issue in Internet Explorer

Hi, Power BI Service is displaying correctly for me in Chrome.  However, when I access it using Internet Explorer I often have issues.

The Navigation Pane button (three little dashes in the top left) is not visible, and all the Menu icon on the top right are hidden too.  They are there, just not showing, so i can click on the blank black space and it still works.  But this not ideal for the users i am trying to roll Power BI out to who all use IE and are not the most computer savvy.

I've played around with different IE versions and in different locations (through work proxy, at home etc), and struggling to pinpoint why it does and doesnt work sometimes.

Has anyone had this issue?  Has anyone gotten to the bottom of it?

Thanks

Zara

14 REPLIES 14
kumarswamy1981
Frequent Visitor

Any solution to the above problem?

I think my issues may be due to a bug in the Smart Filter by OKViz. Seems to have come in the july 2017 update. Apparently the developers are aware.

GreyWolf27
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing a similar issue with Internet Explorer v11. Was this ever resolved? If so, what was the solution. Thanks. 

Hi We have embedded Powr BI Dashboard in SharePoint 2016. 

I am getting Loading data error in Internet explorer, but not in Chrome.

Can you please let me know is there some setting to be changed in IE 11 or any URL parameter needs to be specified when linking.

Thanks

Hi All,

Today we had similar issue as well. Custom Heirarchy Slicer is not even getting displayed. What is causing this issue? will be very helpful to find out.

Thanks,
Abi

I'm currently having issues viewing a report in Internet Explorer. The report works fine in Chrome, but when using Internet Explorer 11 (version 11.0.9600.18697CO) the filters won't work and data won't display. This has always worked for me previously in IE11 but seems to have been since I last downloaded the latest Power BI updates that I've been having problems. I can see that issues with IE11 have previously been reported - were these ever resolved? Thanks.

slmeier
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue.   Everything looks good in Chrome, but icons are hidden in IE.   I am using IE 11. 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@slmeier@ZLJ

1. How about you try to open that url in Private browsing session & add the url in the compatibility view mode? Is issue reproducible after that?
  2. Can you send me a fiddler trace on the working and non-working machines?
  3. Is the issue reproducible in Mozilla browser too?
slmeier
Regular Visitor

I have a similar issue.   Everything displays fine in Chrome, but in Internet Explorer the icons are hidden.   I'm using IE 11.  

JuliaYebra
Helper III
Helper III

@ZLJ Last three weeks was impossible for us to even access Powerbi.com througth IE 11 or Edge.

What you said about blank buttons has happended to my boss, not to me.

I did same test using corporate network and internet, but it seems that IE is having performance issues that give place to several problems.

Chrome always works fine (not filled map visuals for our case). 

@JuliaYebra@ZLJ, what the version (version number) of IE/Edge you're using?

Various depending on location.  I've tested at home and at work to rule out an issue due to going through the proxy.

Work server where Enterprise gateway is running, IE v11.0.9600.18378 - Fail
Work Citrix environment, IE v10.0.9200.17116 - Fail
My Laptop - at home, IE v11.0.9600.18314 - Pass
My Laptop - at work via proxy, IE v11.0.9600.18314 - Pass

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@ZLJ, as you already figured out maybe the issue is caused by proxy, do you still need further help on this? 

Hi @Vicky_Song

I'm afraid i do not always get this issue via the proxy, it is still very hit or miss.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors