Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlejandroPCar
Helper IV
Helper IV

Power BI Service cannot display visual

Hi!

I have a issue about how to show a huge desktop file in service. In Desktop the file even huge can show all the visuals and tables I have (altough after some minutes ) but in Service always appears that there are not enough resources to display the visuals. I know my file is huge so... what can i do for solve that? I have relatively fast internet, or where can I find info for improve the performance of my measures or my size.

Hope you can show me better ways to improve my file performance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @AlejandroPCar,

Please check the tips mentioned in below articles:

Tips and tricks for creating reports in Power BI Desktop

Power BI Performance Tips and Techniques

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AlejandroPCar,

In Desktop the file even huge can show all the visuals and tables I have (altough after some minutes ) but in Service always appears that there are not enough resources to display the visuals.

What do you mean the file is huge? Does it contain a large amount data records or contain many visuals in report page? What do you mean service cannot display visual? Some visuals were missing after publishing? Could you please post a screenshot to show us the difference in desktop and service?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

Well the file is huge because is almost 650 MB and has more than 20 tables with more than 20 relantionships. Im trying to reduce the amount of columns, delete some tables, use Variables in my measures and reduce the number of measures, but I appreciate more advices. The problem is every page I have has two tables but the tables has more than 10 columns and I use to use lot of RANKX. Here is a picture of the Desktop visual and in Service its the same but in blank beacause has the message "not enough resoruces to show the visual".

Service.png

Thanks for your help.  

Hi @AlejandroPCar,

Please check the tips mentioned in below articles:

Tips and tricks for creating reports in Power BI Desktop

Power BI Performance Tips and Techniques

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Without knowing everything contained in your project, advice will have to be fairly generic.

The quickest optimisations would be to consider:

• Do you need every row and every column that is contained in your data? Can you filter your sources as part of the "Edit Queries"
  • Are you using too many calculated columns that could be measures?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors