Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PhilB
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Service and Mac os exporting

Hi,

hopefully this is the right area to be asking this. I wasnt sure if i needed to be in 'Issues' or in the service area.

I have a couple of users who access my online reports using mac computers. One of these users has reported thay they are unable to export data from one of the reports in the online service. 

We have a list of registered members, each month we export the information into a CSV file that we use for marketting. The user trying to do the export is able to click the elipses and select export. they get the box with the options (export as XLSX or CSV) but then the box just disappears when they make a choice. 

The closest i have been able to get testing this is using an iPad we have in our office, when i try to export the data using that i can export it as a CSV file if i use Safari or Chrome on the tablet however i cannot export it as an XLSX file.

We do have the full MS office suite installed on the iPad, we use it to demonstrate office 365 to mac users.

I have managed to export the data without any issue on my windows 10 but we dont have an apple mac in our office to test. 

Are there any known issues regarding this? or has anyone else encountered this?

The users Macbook info

Safari: Version 9.1 (11601.5.17.1)

Mac: OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.4

Excel: Version 15.22 (160506)

I can try and provide any more info if needed, but i am reliant on them replying to my questions in time.

Regards

PhilB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilB
Helper I
Helper I
1 REPLY 1
PhilB
Helper I
Helper I

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors