Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Service and BigQuery Refreshing

Hi everyone!

I have a problem since one month because before this day, everything worked ok, with scheduled refreshing at Power BI Service. I have one dataset which is connected to BigQuery througth the BigQuery connector inside Power BI.

When I refresh the dataset at Desktop version, everything goes OK but when the refresh is made by the Power BI Service, I always get the following error:

ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Couldn't connect to server Table: XXXXX.

(Where XXXXX is a differente table each time)

If I connect to Development Enviroment to the same tables, everything goes OK refreshing at Desktop and Service. Our IT Administrator has changed my Production permissions and the error is still appearing.

I have opened a Power BI Support ticket but the don't know how to solve the problem. They always refers to install Simba Driver but I can't because my DB is on cloud and a lot of users have to acces it and we are not going to install a gateway on each user computer.

General information about the dataset:

I have the main dataset and then, all the reports are connected to this Dataset throught Power BI Dataset connector. This dataset has 16 tables and the maximum rows are 6.000.000 in one table.

I'm desperate because if Power BI people don't know how to do...

Thanks in advance!

Bests Regards!

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

From error prompt "Couldn't connect to server Table", and as you said, you could connect to Development Enviroment while failed to connect to Production Environment, please check whether any configuration is applied to Production Server which disabled the access from outside. Or please change a different account which has access to Data Source either for a test.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors