Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ievgenii

Power BI Service allows to export only text columns in underline data export functionality

We have just noticed that not all columns are exported in excel file when we do 'underline export'.
As it was discovered the issue is related to datatype. In exported file we have only those columns which have text datatype., all others are missed.
We didn't find this limitation on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data

Is it any solution for this (of course expect converting columns data type into text)?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ievgenii ,

Surely. After confirmed with my teams, I will raise it and if there is some latest information about it I will update .

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ievgenii ,

Based on my research, when using the “export underlying data” option in Power BI Service, the export file will contain columns which are used to create the visual together with all “Text” type columns. If you want to export all columns, you would need to set the rest columns to be “Text” type  or include the rest columns in the visual.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-yingjl 

Thanks for answer! 

Could you please refer to official documentation? 

I couldn't find it in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data#limitations-and...

Thank you

Hi @ievgenii ,

Actually there is no specific limitation about this in the official document, but this is once an internal feedback ticket that has been mentioned. Also, I will sumbit it to my teams again to confirm and thanks for your reflect to help us improve power bi.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-yingjl 

I'll be good to receive udpated information on this topic.

Could you please raise this again?

Thank you

Hi @ievgenii ,

Surely. After confirmed with my teams, I will raise it and if there is some latest information about it I will update .

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Could I ask what you mean by Underline export?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors