cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Service Thinks I published data source from personal email - wont let me use Enterprise

All,

 

I am having the exact same issues outlined in this post.  For the person there, it seemed to sort of start working.  My account does show my personal email as alternate email in my O365 settings.  I am a domain admin so I could change this if I can find out where.

 

As you can see in the attached screenshot, Power BI thinks Im publishing my datasource from my personal gmail, but Im logged into the PC and O365 with a domain account which is set up with ADFS auth.

 

 screenshot.png

 

Steps I've taken so far:

 

1) Published the report/dataset to an entirely different group workspace.

2) Uninstalled and reinstalled enterprise data gateway on my internal server

3) Removed all gateways from PBI service and re-added

4) Removed all data sources from PBI service assosciated with any gateways and re-added.

5) Changed data source credentials for my sql data source to SQL instead of windows and used a local SQL account with proper permissions.

 

My Power BI report has only one data source, my internal SQL server. 

 

HALP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For those of you that also had this issue, I finally figured this out today by using Fiddler.  Apparently I was still using a "trial" license of Power BI Pro, which I would have thought would have been fine to use for Enterprise Gateways.  As soon as I went into the admin panel of O365 and purchased and assigned the Power BI Pro license to myself, this started working.

 

Hope this helps someone.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @shanebo3239,

 

After a few try, I still cannot reproduce this issue on my environment.

 

As there are others users( @Cubist@dcurran) who also encountered the same issue recently, I will report this issue internally, and post back if there is any update.Smiley Happy

 

Regards

@v-ljerr-msftthank you for trying. I have a ticket in to Microsoft support now. Hopefully I can get someone on the phone today and get this resolved.

For those of you that also had this issue, I finally figured this out today by using Fiddler.  Apparently I was still using a "trial" license of Power BI Pro, which I would have thought would have been fine to use for Enterprise Gateways.  As soon as I went into the admin panel of O365 and purchased and assigned the Power BI Pro license to myself, this started working.

 

Hope this helps someone.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Happy New Year from Power BI

This is a must watch for a message from Power BI!

December Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2020 Updates!

Community Blog

Check it Out!

Click here to read the latest blog and learn more about contributing to the Power BI blog!

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors