Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shanebo3239
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Service Thinks I published data source from personal email - wont let me use Enterprise

All,

I am having the exact same issues outlined in this post.  For the person there, it seemed to sort of start working.  My account does show my personal email as alternate email in my O365 settings.  I am a domain admin so I could change this if I can find out where.

As you can see in the attached screenshot, Power BI thinks Im publishing my datasource from my personal gmail, but Im logged into the PC and O365 with a domain account which is set up with ADFS auth.

screenshot.png

Steps I've taken so far:

1) Published the report/dataset to an entirely different group workspace.

2) Uninstalled and reinstalled enterprise data gateway on my internal server

3) Removed all gateways from PBI service and re-added

4) Removed all data sources from PBI service assosciated with any gateways and re-added.

5) Changed data source credentials for my sql data source to SQL instead of windows and used a local SQL account with proper permissions.

My Power BI report has only one data source, my internal SQL server. 

HALP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For those of you that also had this issue, I finally figured this out today by using Fiddler.  Apparently I was still using a "trial" license of Power BI Pro, which I would have thought would have been fine to use for Enterprise Gateways.  As soon as I went into the admin panel of O365 and purchased and assigned the Power BI Pro license to myself, this started working.

Hope this helps someone.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @shanebo3239,

After a few try, I still cannot reproduce this issue on my environment.

As there are others users( @Cubist@dcurran) who also encountered the same issue recently, I will report this issue internally, and post back if there is any update.Smiley Happy

Regards

@v-ljerr-msftthank you for trying. I have a ticket in to Microsoft support now. Hopefully I can get someone on the phone today and get this resolved.

For those of you that also had this issue, I finally figured this out today by using Fiddler.  Apparently I was still using a "trial" license of Power BI Pro, which I would have thought would have been fine to use for Enterprise Gateways.  As soon as I went into the admin panel of O365 and purchased and assigned the Power BI Pro license to myself, this started working.

Hope this helps someone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors