Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nikhil_fsoft
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power BI Service Storage Availability

Hello

I was trying out Power BI per user premium and was wondering how the storage available for you datasets and dataflows work. See screen shot below:

nikhil_fsoft_1-1615939087211.png

This is a per user premium workspace and here my questions regarding this:

1. Why it says total storage capacity avilable as 10GB to me when on the Power BI Pricing page it says Model size limit as 100GB for per user premium?

2. Why it shows 0 GB used when clearly individual datasets are 968MB and 620MB (~1.6GB)?

3. I also have crated couple of Dataflows which I do not see here. Are dataflows not accounted into storage capacity avilable to you?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@nikhil_fsoft

Premium Per User (PPU) is a new way to license premium features on a per user basis. It includes all Power BI Pro license capabilities, along with features like paginated reports, AI, and other capabilities only available in Premium today.

These 3 issues due to  workspaces in shared capacity,this Premium per user workspace is not assigned Premium capacity,there is a per-workspace storage limit of 10 GB.

For more information,you can refer to this:Premium-per-user-FAQ  Manage-your-data-storage-in-power-bi 

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@nikhil_fsoft

Premium Per User (PPU) is a new way to license premium features on a per user basis. It includes all Power BI Pro license capabilities, along with features like paginated reports, AI, and other capabilities only available in Premium today.

These 3 issues due to  workspaces in shared capacity,this Premium per user workspace is not assigned Premium capacity,there is a per-workspace storage limit of 10 GB.

For more information,you can refer to this:Premium-per-user-FAQ  Manage-your-data-storage-in-power-bi 

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors