Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Service Slow?

Anyone seeing unexpected slowness in rendering reports this morning (Monday, 7/30/2018 US Central Time)?  Reports come up but spinning refresh symbol seems to indicate a really slow load.

41 REPLIES 41

I just reverted back to an older release of the gateway with no luck 😕 

I had a brief call with an engineer yesterday that said he would call back in a half an hour for a skype session. He never responded back (even after i sent a follow up email).

This is getting out of hand and needs to be resolved ASAP. 

Definitely out of hand.

We're actively looking for alternative solutions. Our users may be ok with a single day outage but several consecutive days is a deal breaker.

According to the status page (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/), we're supposed to be getting hourly updates. I'm pretty sure it's said that for the last 3 hours or so... And we're still having issues 😞

Looks like they got the south of Brazil taken care of:

Users may see intermittent issues or delays loading their reports or refreshing of their models. Engineers have created a hotfix and are now deploying it to the environment:

-Brazil South: Completed-All remaining Regions (except West Europe) are In
-Progress. West Europe will follow shortly.

In the meantime, Engineers are also proactively mitigating the issue until the hotfix is fully deployed. We will be providing hourly updates on the status of the deployment here.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news.  It looks like they're rolling out the fix.

Now announced as outage and seems working on it..

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/  

In Awareness section of above URL, found the below note.. Will check later today..

Users may see issues loading their reports and delays in the refresh of their models. Engineers are currently mitigating the issue. Next update @07/31/2018 10:00 PDT.

The status page is relatively worthless. Given all of the problems reported here, I'd hardly say "Power BI is running smoothly." (as per the status page). I know my users don't agree with that....

Same experience here. Reports are showing incomplete or no information. Others will not load or filter whatsoever. Very frustrating indeed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My customer has reported that the outage has been resolved per MS Support, FWIW.

No such luck here :(. Things are still broken although it does appear that general performance of the PBI web interface is better.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

I have a ticket in with Microsoft where they have stated it is a service failure on their part. They are working on it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How should I raise a ticket with MS on the same issue? Reports / Dashboard are running very slow on Power BI Services. This is not at all helping the business and clients have started disliking Power BI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Bottom of the page there is an option to open a support ticket.

EG_2

Also an issue for me in the UK - has been since 1500 BST 30/07/2018

JonBaylis
Advocate III
Advocate III

We've got confirmation from MS Support that there are service issues in the US (at least). The Azures status page still doesn't show this 😞

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/

Cheers for confirming. Still an issue here in the UK. Today of all days. 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

What makes today worse?  That its Monday?

Curious if everyone is doing their weekly refreshes on Monday and slamming the system.

My newly-created Power BI KPIs Dashboard went live to Board Members for Q1!! Smiley Frustrated

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ouch, sorry to hear that!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors