Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Service Slow?

Anyone seeing unexpected slowness in rendering reports this morning (Monday, 7/30/2018 US Central Time)?  Reports come up but spinning refresh symbol seems to indicate a really slow load.

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues still persist - Report visuals buffering forever and MS keeps pushing the resolution time - 

We are having issues since Friday and today is the 6th day.

ksabi
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi, 

The PBI service is working "normaly" this morning. 

wating for the official response of MS....

Regards,

Khaled

Still experiencing issues with data refreshes breaking reports... I wonder if upgrading to the new gateway version messed this up. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We've been having issues since Friday, and still are.  This is the sort of thing that encourages customers to dig deep and pay for the pricier alternatives to Power BI.  Just Saying.

Status page now says next update on the situation will be *tomorrow* at 17:00 PDT. WTF?!?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recommend that if you are still having problems that you need to open a high priority case with MS Support.  My customer did so and has the issue resolved for them but I wouldn't assume that it would resolve all issues.  The more cases, the more attention a problem tends to get as well.

We've had a high-sev ticket opened since yesterday morning. We're paying for Premium but sadly, the response we're getting is anything but. 😞

arti_r
Frequent Visitor

Our clients BI reports are not rendering normally on pro accounts or premium accounts since Monday July 30th 2018. As of now we are still experiencing problems.  Normal operations are severely compromised.  

Colt

We are still experiencing issues despite Microsoft's claim that Power BI is no longer degraded...

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

mysterbiggs
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same issue ishappening with my org. My org is on premium capacity and all of the visuals just spin and never update. A Support ticket has been submitted, but no response yet, although the support site says microsoft is aware and working to mitigate the issue. However, it also says Power BI is running "smoothly". Smiley Frustrated

2018-07-31_8-46-41.jpg

ksabi
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi, 

We are facing the same probleme since yesterday. 

Our reports are very slow! 

Regards, 

Khaled

Capture.PNG

Our reports still won't load via embedding. We're going on day two of this and our users are starting to get upset. How is this type of outage acceptable for Premium customers? Come on MS...

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is very frustrating - Our business ciritcal process depends on embedded reports and all of them are getting impacted. 

This is happening for worspaces on shared and preimium capacity -

MS support ticket responses take a lot of time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We've got PBI Premium (with dedicated hardware), and the system is crawling for us.  The Theories of other people running reports, etc.  shouldn't impact our space, yet somehow it still does...  Frustrating.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh right, good call.  My slow reports are on a Premium space as well.

Yep, Premium here as well and it's painfully slow (and, as we've said above, embedded reports aren't working at all for us).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting, sound like something is dragging the Azure platform down, and that's dragging PBI Service down, even on dedicated Premium spaces.  the last two issues we had were foundational Azure related as well.  We started having issues on Friday at around 1PM EST.  We have been having really bad lag after that, even in off hours (midnight on Saturday).  These load times are torture.

Microsoft really needs to get the plaform side figured out.  This is terrible.

We have noticed that Mondays are especially bad. It has gotten to the point where we try to not schedule training/presentation using PowerBI Service on Mondays. If we have to do it on Mondays we use .pbix file in desktop. Really disapointing, especially after the buzz from last week in Seattle, to have our consumers experiencing this.

Still (July-31 Tuesday) Service Slow in US. Any idea, when this will be fixed? Unable to do new reports Demo due to this.

Thanks,

Yoga

This outage is affecting our business as unable to view sales and pricing reports since last Friday. Needs to be fixed ASAP.

Is there any chance of New July 2018 update messes up? If we know, we will hold on the report development using the new features.

Thanks,

Yoga

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors