Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LeanneShapro
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power BI Service - Scheduled Refresh - Data Source Credentials & Scheduled Refresh are grayed out

I am unable to setup a scheduled refresh on my report. My data sources are Salesforce Objects and Excel Workbooks stored in OneDrive. What needs to be updated/modified in order to setup the scheduled refresh for this report? 

Scheduled Refresh.pngScheduled Refresh - Data Sources.png

4 REPLIES 4
ReportMaster
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @LeanneShapro were you able to find a solution? I've used the Salesforce connector but I had some issues updating my data too. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. There you can set up incremental refresh and your report will be updated automatically every day on PBI service. I currently use windsor.ai's SF connector and it works fine. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

SALESFORCE-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

SALESFORCE-2.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LeanneShapro ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LeanneShapro ,

Based on the screen shot you shared, We think you may be use a file connector to import a excel file in your folder (Although this folder is sync with OneDrive), the Power BI Service will treat it as a local file using URI of file, in this case you need to use a on-promises gateway to allow power bi service can access on-premises data, Or you can change the connector to connect the OneDrive file.

You can refer to the following documents to get more detail about the on-premises gateway:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem

OR you can follow this document to learn how to connect OneDrive link of your excel file: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-use-onedrive-business-links

Best regards,

blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You data sources need to be accessible from the power bi service

Most likely your excel files need to be on either a one drive or sharepoint folder

You'll need to modify you report to pull them from there, then republish

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors