cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allanw
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Service: Power BI report cannot render, stuck with "Almost Done"

Hi Fellow Power BI users / Microsoft Power BI support team,

Today we have an issue with Power BI web service -- some of the reports cannot be rendered, the message is "Almost Done", but the progress indicator keeps spinning. 

We do notcie that the affected reports are based on data imported, or data retrieved through API to cloud services.

Reports based on Live connections to our local on-premises data source renders OK;

Is anyone aware of any issue with Power BI web service? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
allanw
Frequent Visitor

OK just an update on this... the issue is now gone.

Based on a conversation with Microsoft Power BI support, there were some maintenance tasks going on which might have caused some temporary issue with the service.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @allanw ,

Glad to hear you have solved this issue.

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally,(ICM#: 266656189).

I will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

allanw
Frequent Visitor

OK just an update on this... the issue is now gone.

Based on a conversation with Microsoft Power BI support, there were some maintenance tasks going on which might have caused some temporary issue with the service.

allanw
Frequent Visitor

FYI., The datasets for these problem reports can be refreshed without any issue. It is likely that something went wrong that prevents the 'delivery' of these reports (with the dataset imbedded).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI Show Ep 4 Post Show Carousel.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Shabnam Watson demos Incremental refresh & Hybrid Tables and Leila Etaati demos Charticulator.

PBI April Release 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the April 2022 updates!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors