Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eta1022

Power BI Service OneDrive Personal Refresh

I’m trying to update my PBIX file that is stored on OneDrive Personal. I can successfully schedule the data refresh, however the visuals never update due to the file never changing, thus not triggering a OneDrive sync.

Here is my setup:
1. Excel data source using a power query that retrieved data from the web (stored in OneDrive Personal)
2. PBIX file using a web connector to the Excel file that is stored on the same OneDrive account.
3. In Power BI service: Get data -> OneDrive Personal -> select PBIX file.
4. Schedule refresh in Power BI service to refresh the PBIX file 8 times a day
Issue: scheduled refresh is successful, but visuals never update.

I have read a ton of forum posts on similar issues but nothing seems to have worked. I’m wondering if it is an issue that my Power BI service account (associated to a business) is different than my OneDrive Personal account.

Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eta1022 ,

Based on your description, the data has been refreshed successfully, but the visual has not changed.

Please try refreshing browser pages and clearing cache and cookies.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@eta1022 

what is the authentication mode used it in Power BI Desktop (Ex:- Ananymous, Windows, Organizationl), Privacy Level (None, Public,Private..etc.,)

Have you applied same authentication and privacy level in Service also. Can you please check and try once.

If you are using any gateway, please try to check with the latest version of the Gateway.

Please refer the below link

If you have any concerns, please let us know.

BR

venal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like you are using power bi which is tagged with your Organisation credentials and the one drive which you are using personal which is causing this issue.

Can you check by uploading the excel file with your organisation one drive..

That sounds right, although I don’t have a OneDrive for Business account setup for my organization. I would think I could use OneDrive Personal since it is an option after choosing Get Data in Power BI service. Would I need to get OneDrive for Business?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@eta102w
You said refresh is successful. That means data should have been updated. Can you download the pbix and see if data is available on that after refresh.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@eta1022 If onedrive is not available then  you can upload the file in Sharepoint/ Box 

If you find this helpful please accept this as solution so that it can help others.

Regards,

Husna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors